Laurel VEC

Your primary contact Ralph Brandt K3HQI, His instructions:

Registration for a KVHF Laurel VE Testing Session

Locations and Schedules Link

  • Generally speaking you need a government issued photo ID (Driver’s License, Military ID) at the session. PA also issues a non-driver’s license ID. That is valid. If you do not have one of these contact me and we will see what other ID can be substituted.
  • If you are upgrading you will need to bring your current license. We need to see this to verify your current status. If you have a current FCC license the FRN will be printed on it.
  • If you don’t have a current FCC license I would strongly suggest you to get a Federal Registration Number. If you have the FRN we do not have your SSN on any documents. We take proper care with handling but I prefer to not have the risk of handling SSN’s.

  • Steps to Getting an FCC Registration Number (FRN)

  • Go to the Commission’s Registration System (CORES) and Click Register. Answer whether the FRN is for an individual or business and whether the address for the contact is within the U.S. and click Continue.Complete the registration information and click Submit.Make sure you accurately copy your FRN and keep it. I suggest printing the response.
  • Detailed instructions on registering and getting an FRN

  • Pre-register on our online system

  • This helps us in the session, increases accuracy and reduces the number of forms you need to fill out in the session. The link is….
  • Testing Pre Registration Link

  • Complete the form. If you have problems with the online system just email me, ([email protected]) include your call sign if you have one, your FRN, address and phone number. If you do not have a license you will not have a expiration date. If you do not have a license you will be testing for a Technician license even if you plan to take the Technician and other classes.
  • I will get an email when you complete the registration and hit send. If you do not complete all items the ones needed will be displayed in red.
  • If I do not respond within 48 hours contact me by phone – 717-885-3063
  • If we do not have any registration by the Thursday noon before the session we will cancel it. If you register after that time and we have other candidates i.e. we are holding the session you can register. Please call me to be sure there is a session.